Friday 7 October 2016

Volunteering for CamKids

We have just received this short report from Ali Miller, a volunteer at our school in Kampong Speu. 

I have recently returned from volunteering at CamKids. I am studying nursing at university and I had wanted to volunteer for a while but never knew where I wanted to go. 
I heard about CamKids in Cambodia and immediately decided it looked perfect. I had never been to Cambodia before and knew it was a country where volunteering work would be put to good use. I volunteered at the school in Kampong Speu for a month and it was one of the best experiences of my life. 
The school was fun and the kids were definitely my highlight. They were great fun and always eager to learn. It also was also great to experience living with Cambodians and learning their culture. I was able to use my nursing skills when the medical team came to visit, which has really boosted my confidence in caring. 
Although I had a background in nursing before I came, CamKids offered a lot more than just medical experience, including teaching and experiencing new culture and meeting new people. I would definitely recommend volunteering at CamKids to anyone! Ali Miller 
If you have nursing, dental, teaching or similar skills and would like to volunteer for CamKids, please email contact@camkids.org.



CamKids on Facebook CamKids on Twitter

No comments: